Have you ever found yourself coming across posts on social media about an event you’d been considering going but decided against? If you have, you’re likely to have experienced FOMO, or Fear of Missing Out.
This week on the podcast, I interview May King Tsang, who is the one and only FOMO Creator in the UK. In a nutshell, organisers can hire May King for the duration of their event to allow her to create and share unique live content (including interviews with speakers and sponsors) and engage with other attendees on social media.
Organising, marketing, and running any sort of live event requires a considerable investment of time. Hiring someone like May King allows you, the conference organiser, to focus on your day while quality content is being created and shared on social media. This doesn’t just create FOMO and excitement about the event you’re running (and any future ones), but it also allows your audience to get familiar with your personal brand. And as a result, your customers and clients will come to you!
You will learn…
- Why creating and sharing a strong personal brand on social media allows people to connect with you on a deeper level (remember that people buy from people!).
- Why the selling mindset no longer works – marketing is a two-way conversation with your audience where consumers have the power and no longer want to be talked at.
- What tangible benefits you can expect to receive from adding value and creating excitement around an event, festival, conference, etc. and sharing it on social media.
About May King
Get my help to build your personal brand on LinkedIn
If you need help in creating your LinkedIn profile, check out my LinkedIn training and services on my Work with me page.
I offer two types of LinkedIn profile reviews:
- Get my feedback through a 20-minute video.
- Upgrade to an additional 30-minute Zoom call to go through my comments and ask me questions.
If you want my help with your headline and profile, I also offer a done-for-you service where I write the About section of your profile for you.
And if you’d like more help on your LinkedIn strategy, you can work with me on a one-to-one strategy session.
LinkedIn group coaching programme
In mid-November, I am launching my first-ever 4-week LinkedIn group coaching programme, where I can teach you everything you need to know to use LinkedIn to make more sales in your business. To reserve your place, book here
More about me.
If you enjoy the show, I’d be very grateful if you could share it with at least another person and leave me a review on iTunes. And if you haven’t subscribed yet, why not?
Also, come and join my Facebook group for podcast listeners, Social Beehive, where we chat about the topics I cover on the podcast, you can share your feedback, and get in touch about upcoming episodes.
And if you want to find out more about how you can work with me or what events I am running in the future, head over to my website , keep an eye out on Eventbrite, or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.